Jul 25, 2007

farewell dear focus

here is what my car looks like after being the unfortunate unit #2 in the 5-car collision i was in last week....


from the inside after both airbags deployed:






and from the back where the jackass not paying attention to rush hour traffic plowed into me, causing a chain reaction of subsequent accidents:




total damage: a whopping $6,775
the car is definitely totaled which makes me very sad. this has been a great little car; in fact she moved with me to chicago after my last car was totaled by some idiot not paying attention while driving. grrrrrrr. i'm going to miss her. *sniff, sniff* i'm actually dreading going to get my belongings out of the car tomorrow and then having to walk away, as if i'm abandoning an old pet that is to be put to sleep and out of its misery.
i will be wearing black and mourning tomorrow. should anyone want to send flowers, chocolates, or a handsome man to distract me from my sorrow, please feel free to do so.
rest in peace, little focus. no car will ever fit into a tiny spot on the chicago streets as well as you did.

4 comments:

adam said...

i'm going to miss her too. she was a nice little car. :(

now, a couple other things:
1) look at the 3rd picture and your facial expression in the rearview mirror. classy!
2) didn't you use your cell phone to take the last two pictures when we went to the garage?! how did you get them uploaded to your computer?!

g said...

I will miss the Focus! She was such a good car. I'm just glad you are okay!

Anonymous said...

RIP lil focus. you will be missed.

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain. i had to walk away from my nissan when it was totaled in 1996. however, that one was my fault. i will find a hot man for distraction in CO for you, you'll just need to come pick him up. oh, and yes, love the face in the rearview mirror.