Nov 12, 2007

husband for hire



well ladies, here it is. the ultimate proof (as if we needed it!) that we no longer need to pine away for that elusive husband. i mean, really, what do we need husbands for anyway? to fix things? to kill bugs? to do the plumbing and handywork? rest assured. if you are single, female and not DIY inclined, there is a solution without visiting the altar. this flyer was actually found outside my building and is, apparently, a legitimate business. that's right - we can now pay for the services of a husband without having to actually marry one. so go ahead - pick up hotties to service your, ahem, needs, and pay for this guy to service your home. you get what you need in both departments. of course, i wouldn't stoop to paying a man for these services - that's why i rent for god's sake, so i don't have to do any fixing or home improving on my own - but if you find yourself in a pinch and need your windows sealed, basement leak-proofed or your drywall patched, you can call this guy and he'll rush right over and perform such husbandly duties as these and a whole lot more. (no, dirties, not that!)

so here we are, single and fabulous and with the option to pay up for - let's face it - the duties we'd typically have to scream and nag and yell to have done by our signif other. is this a step ahead for single womankind or an insult to our abilities to do such tasks on our own? you tell me....

3 comments:

adam said...

"basement wall seepage". tee hee hee! that makes me laugh!

i'm so glad that i picked this flyer off the doorstep. i knew immediately that this would make an excellent post!

Unknown said...

Don't be discriminating against us married ladies...even though I have a husband he is hopeless at DIY. I could really use this guy! Finally, the shelves would be put up, the curtains hung and the loft organized.

Anonymous said...

Is that what my husband is supposed to be doing?!?! If only I had known, I wouldn't have done it all myself.