Apr 12, 2010

tip for the single guy - how to alienate women and go home alone

i was out on saturday night for my good friend's bachelorette party.  after a lot of time spent at a local jazz club, we headed on to another bar, one that stays open til the wee hours of the morning and is a popular place for ending the night.  i was sitting at a table just taking in the scene and having a quiet moment when a guy staggered over and started talking to me.  this is how it went:

dude:  you don't look like you're having fun.

me:  i am.  this is me having fun.

dude:  oh, come on.  come to the bar with me and let me buy you a drink.

me (never one to turn down free alcohol):  ok, fine.

at the bar after ordering and telling him my name, which by the way he thought was "ariel" but i didn't bother to correct him:

dude:  so, you're like a LOT older than me, aren't you?

me (choking on my drink):  wow.  here's some advice - don't say that to a girl. EVER.  thanks for the drink!

i walked back to the table shaking my head.  ok, i know i am no longer in my 20s but it wasn't like this guy was that much younger, probably 27 or 28.  he was definitely old enough to know that if you're hitting on a girl at a bar, you probably don't want to tell her that she looks as old as your mom.  just sayin. 

5 comments:

amanda said...

(mouth agape)

I have nothing.

adam said...

wow. guys are STUPID.

Anonymous said...

I have looked at this post 3 times and still don't know what to say. Lori

g said...

what a d bag!

teresa-bug said...

I guess he would have told me that I should be dead by now. Geez!