Sep 12, 2006

the new object of my obsession

i haven't had a crush this serious since 6th grade when i pledged my undying and eternal love for little joe mcintyre, the falsetto pre-teen and youngest member of that hit band new kids on the block. dear god, it's humiliating to blog about this even though it is years later. it took me a long time to get over the devastation of that crush and realize that famous people don't date girls that live in small indiana towns. oh, the torture. i vowed never to love a star the way i had loved joe and let the crush crumple and fade, along with the 300 posters of him that had temporarily replaced my wallpaper during that period of time.
still, knowing that star crushes are completely, utterly ridiculous and pointless, i'm behaving lately like a 12-year-old with the latest edition of teen beat. i salivate over the man pictured above. for those of you who are not familiar with this perfect specimen, let me introduce you. wentworth miller, aka my future soulmate. mmmmmmm. not kidding - there is a very unhealthy obsession brewing here... if anyone knows his manager, he or she may want to go ahead and get that restraining order....

7 comments:

adam said...

call erin!!

andrea said...

um, if erin could get me the hook up, i would be forever grateful! ask her for me!!

amanda said...

i need a new pair of pants. what a dreamboat.

I was a fellow joey mcintyre obsessed fan. I had a New Kids poster on my wall and I would kiss Joey every night before I went to bed. After a few months, i had worn away his face. So my mom got me a new poster. S.I.C.K.

g said...

I was in LOVE with Jordan Knight! The things I would fantasize about him.

I am not your child's personal assisstant said...

i have to say, i am glad i introduced you. i too had nkotb wallpaper! sick and twisted, but soooo fun! i'll be sure to send wentworth's manager a letter for you!

adam said...

jordan knight? really?!

Anonymous said...

a tat boy, eh?

good choice.