Jan 3, 2011

new year's resolutions


well, it's that time of year again.  time to clean out the cupboards, pitch all of the junk food, get going on healthy eating and working out.  i've decided to join weight watchers (again) in order to help me with this.  i did WW a couple of years ago and had really good results; unfortunately, i fell off the proverbial wagon and re-gained all of the weight i'd lost plus some, so i figure it's time to give it another go.  in addition to eating better i'm also pledging to work out more (aren't we all??).  i'm joining an indoor sports center that will give me access to indoor tennis courts during these frigid winter months in chicago, my great boyfriend got me yoga sessions at my favorite studio for christmas, and i'm going to utilize the workout center at my office (for which i've had a key for 2 years but have never stepped foot inside) to get in some cardio a couple days a week.  i'm really determined this time to stick with it, so i'm probably going to be updating here now and then on my progress, just to keep me accountable. 

happy new year to you all and good luck with your own resolutions!

5 comments:

adam said...

good luck! you (we) can do it!!

teresa-bug said...

I HATE that I have gained so much weight. Ugh. Why can't I eat what I want, as much as I want and NOT have to exercise??? {Well, I can and this is what happens.}

stephanie said...

Good luck! I think I'm going to rejoin WW too, been tossing that idea around since they introduced their new point system. Hope you're successful at all of this. :)

Lyn said...

I am also on the diet wagon again. Biggest Loser contest at work and signing up for that Derby mini run in April. May look for a walk/run in Chicago as another goal. Any ideas for that one?

Anonymous said...

ok, if everyone else is going on a diet, I guess I will too.
Back to my hershey bar/big red diet.
Hope it works.
the bad aunt