Aug 31, 2006

brain cells - a dying breed

no, it's not a scientific study, but i have pretty infallible proof that i have killed a vast amount of brain cells. thinking about some of the things i've done over the past few days, i realize that brain cells are not that resilient, nor are they prone to quick regeneration.

10 things my brain failed me in doing....

1) put used q-tips back in the cabinet. i know - gross. luckily i realized it as soon as i closed the cabinet door.

2) spent a good 15 minutes walking around my neighborhood yesterday morning looking for where i parked my car monday night. my decision to drive home after monday night drinking was quite possibly the worst decision i've made since the last time i chose to perm my hair.

3) ran around looking for sunglasses that were perched peacefully on top of my head.

4) put coffee creamer back in the microwave after pouring coffee this morning. because refrigerated items should always be kept in a heating device, right?

5) almost walked out of my office without my shoes yesterday. not kidding. packed up my stuff, was walking away from my desk and realized i was barefoot. wow.

6) took a wrong turn on the way to work. a wrong turn toward the place where i have worked for OVER TWO YEARS now.

7) mailed an empty envelope to wells fargo. the check for my car payment will follow shortly.

8) lost my driver's license in the depths of my dirty car for days and had to use my passport as my main form of identification.

9) set my alarm clock for 6:30 p.m. instead of a.m.

10) made a pot of coffee without actually adding coffee to the filter basket. imagine my surprise and dismay when i got out of the shower to find a nice pot of hot water ready and waiting.

oh, and i'm sure i've stepped in gum along the way. that's just the norm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive is a mild understatement.

you frock.

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna pee! roflmao!!!

... now if, as a reward for your recent mishaps, you could only find the many of your dreams at a home improvement store, it would make it all worth it!

oh wait, people don't actually meet the person of their dreams at home improvement stores, do they!?

Anonymous said...

damn... i meant to say the 'man' not the 'many'

andrea said...

no. normal people do NOT meet the man of their dreams in home improvement stores. or the grocery store. or at starbucks. we meet them in bars and they end up being shit heads.

I am not your child's personal assisstant said...

don't feel too bad. remember when i couldn't find my phone? I was talking to you and said "where the hell is my phone!?!" you where in chicago and i in bloomington..hmmmmm....maybe i was on it at the time.