Nov 12, 2009

good intentions pave the road to the bar

yesterday morning i had a conversation with self about getting in shape.  i'm always complaining about wishing i could lose a little weight or wanting to get back into those smaller pants, but i have been very bad about actually making a strong and continued effort to do these things.  so, yesterday morning i packed my gym bag and vowed to stop at the gym i've been wanting to check out on my way home from work.  i even kept myself psyched about it all day, up to the time i was getting off the elevator and walking toward the exit.  and then it happened.  a few of my co-workers were leaving ahead of me and asked if i wanted to go for a drink to celebrate our colleague's birthday.  and so i did.  and then i went to dinner with them at a mexican restaurant which boasts to be home to "the killer margarita" so you can just imagine how the night ended up. 

maybe tonight i will sleep in my workout clothes and see if that helps....

5 comments:

g said...

adopt my motto...FOCUS!

amanda said...

man, this sounds so familiar...

adam said...

Mmm! mexican and margaritas sound good!

(i'm such a bad influence!)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great night out! enjoy them when they come around.

Gym - sounds like a lot of hard work. good luck.
bad aunt

adam said...

another day of missing a blog post....bad andrea!