Nov 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo Me ASAP

me: adam thinks we should do NaBloPoMo

self: do you HEAR the eyes rolling back in our head??

me: oh ye of little faith

self: sorry to burst your blogging bubble, but have you looked at the calendar? it's november 2. this month of crazy psychotic blogging began yesterday, a day when there was nothing but crickets from our blog

me: i know, i know. i just didn't think about it because, well....

self: say it. because you were at the bar drinking beer and doing shots in the middle of the day while watching football and you couldn't be bothered to think about anything else besides cocktails and the colts.

me: wow, self, have you been to rehab when i wasn't looking?

self: i'm just saying, we - and by we i mean you - don't have the best track record on following through, especially when there's no consequences for quitting and you are the only one to keep yourself motivated. don't drag me down with you and your procrastinating ways this time!

me: just for that we're doing it. so there. better get the creative juices flowing, self, because you've been disappointing in the witty writing category lately.

self: maybe if you'd drag yourself away from desperate housewives, glee, private practice, mad men and all of those other people you've been paying attention to, you would have heard me screaming with ideas.

me: ok, fine. less tv, more blogging. but you better come through for me. don't make us look like a collective idiot this month when people will actually be expecting posts daily.

self: you do a fine job of making us look like an idiot all on your own.

me: why do i keep you around?

self: because of my razor sharp wit and charming personality?

me: more like the meds don't work very well....

self: enough. it's time for blogging. good luck and godspeed.

me: ditto.

(note by author - i fully apologize for the potentially craptastic posts that may be headed your way throughout the month of november. please bear with me....er...us)

3 comments:

adam said...

WOOHOO!!!

i can't wait to read your daily blogs!

GO NABLOPOMO!

Lyn said...

Bring it!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for you to write some more. Can't wait
Bad Aunt