Nov 18, 2009

"it wasn't pretty but you did it. and now you'll do it again."

yesterday i went for my first training session with a personal trainer.  i've never been one to spend money on something like this in the past, but i've gotten to the point where i feel like i really need someone to help me figure out a good workout that will give me results, so i decided to take the plunge a buy a few sessions to get me on track. 

so, i got there yesterday and walked up to the counter to tell the person working that i was there for a training session with kevin. and of course, kevin happens to be the most gorgeous trainer they have on staff.  doh.  i really should have asked for a less attractive trainer so i could have more comfortably discussed my weight (ouch), my eating and drinking habits (waaaay too much alcohol), and the dreaded BMI (anyone want to talk obesity?!).  but, i was honest, figuring a) i'm not there because kevin and i met on match.com and are trying to date, b) if i'm not honest, he can't put together an appropriate plan for me and c) he's going to see me sweat, groan and possibly cry in the coming weeks, so i don't think being honest up front is the worst experience he's going to have with me.

all in all it went well, though it was more of an assessment than a regular training session so that he could measure my endurance levels, balance & flexibility, etc.  officially, my training starts on saturday at 2pm.  pray for me. 

p.s. - the title of this blog is a quote from dear kevin after seeing me do a particularly heinous series of drills.  bless his heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the sessions. When I used to go to the gym, I would reward myself with a loaded pizza afterwards.
I always felt better and seemed to have more energy after a workout.