Nov 4, 2010

"your hair looks stupid"

that is a direct quote from my four-year-old niece regarding my hair when we did our most recent webcam.  to be fair, my hair did look really bad.  i had worked out the night before and even though i showered before i went to bed, i couldn't be bothered to wash my hair and dry it that night, so i left it dirty.  what she saw was a mop of hair ridged from my ponytail holder, bangs slicked back with bobby pins, dark roots and more grey hairs than i care to admit creating quite a "stupid" look, in the words of someone under the age of 5.  she's not a mean child at all, but boy is she honest. 

having to cancel my hair appointment that should have occurred in august due to schedule and money issues, i waited until last month to call to reschedule.  i know better than to do this because the stylist i have been going to faithfully for the past 6 years has quite the clientele base and appointments are hard to come by if you don't schedule weeks in advance.  so i was scheduled for my next appointment on december 3 when i got the unheard of call today - someone had canceled and summer had an opening tonight at 6:30.  this is the first time being on her waitlist has ever paid off!  my niece's words floating through my mind, i quickly decided i'd rather eat ramen the rest of the month than turn down this unexpected gift and confirmed that my roots and i would be there at 6:30.

a small fortune later, my hair looks fabulous and i feel great.  it's amazing what some highlights can do. 

No comments: