Jun 20, 2006

me and my EAP - part 2

self: well, that was just fabulous today. i really, really learned so much from the webinar about how to be single in a couples world. thank you so much for registering us to participate in that life-changing, earthshattering experience.

me: shutup. it's not my fault we called in at 12:55, thinking we were 5 minutes early and ended up actually being 5 minutes from the end of the webinar.

self: right. so, those three little letters "EST" don't mean anything to you, huh? for future reference, we go by CENTRAL STANDARD TIME around here.

me: oh, be quiet. you didn't want to do it in the first place. so we missed it, big deal. i wonder what they talked about....

self: oh good god. you want to know what they talked about? i'll give it to you in a nutshell and you don't even have to pre-register or dial in for it. they tell you to put yourself out there, don't be afraid to do things on your own, go places by yourself. make eye contact with people and smile more. be open to meeting new people. join clubs and groups, especially those for singles. stop being afraid and embrace your singleness. blah, blah, blah. ugh.

me: whatever. looks like we'll just have to muddle through the single world with no instruction.

self: looks like it. no thanks to you. can we have a glass of wine now and stop pondering what ingenious suggestions were offered during the seminar - probably by someone who is actually married? (see "welcome to the jungle" post - we already know this stuff!!)

me: works for me. a little alcohol to curb the disappointment.

self: you'll use any excuse to drink.

me: and you help me rationalize everything. i think we're pretty ok on our own afterall.

self: i'll drink to that!

me: cheers!




No comments: